DON'T LOSE YOUR MIND!
Add these foods to your grocery cart to get a mental boost.
- COFFEE & TEA: Coffee and tea have antioxidants and contain caffeine. Caffeine can give you a much needed energizing mental buzz, but finding a balance is important – too much caffeine can enhance anxiety, make you jittery and make it difficult to concentrate. Start with one cup of tea or coffee per day and see how you feel.
- WATER: Staying hydrated keeps your brain working at peak performance and can help avoid brain fog.
- BLUEBERRIES: Blueberries contain a high amount of antioxidants that help reduce age-related diseases.
- LEAFY GREENS: Kale, collards, spinach and chard are one of the best sources of folic acid, B6 and B12. Together, they can help reduce brain atrophy, improve brain function and dramatically reduce brain shrinkage in the part of the brain most affected by Alzheimer’s.
- AVOCADO: Avocados are nutritional powerhouses containing phytosterols, carotenoid antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation and relax the mind.
Sweets and Spices
- DARK CHOCOLATE: Dark chocolate has a small amount of caffeine that aids focus and concentration. Plus, dark chocolate tastes so good it can boost your mood.
- TURMERIC: Turmeric is a brilliant gold-colored spice that contains curcumin, an antioxidant that can stimulate brain cell production and reduces brain inflammation.
- NUTS & SEEDS: Nuts and seeds provide monounsaturated fats that are critical for learning and memory.
- FISH: A diet with higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids is linked to a lower dementia and stroke risk and slower mental decline. Eat at least two servings per week and wild caught salmon is the best choice.
- EGGS: Yes, even the yolk is healthy! It contains fat and choline that can help increase your memory capacity.